struts-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject When *exactly* does reset get called?
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:08:30 GMT
Hi,

Can soebody explain when the reset method of ActionForm gets called?

My problem is that I am using the method to prepopulate the form (which works). The
previous jsp had a link to the following jsp (the jsp not its action - .jsp not .do, ok).

The reset obviously runs and the preloaded values appear.

When I submit the form, the reset method appears to get called again, so I lose my
user entered values. Not wat I expected. And yes the <html.form> tag does point to
the .do action.

Confused.... very!

HM