struts-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject No bean specified
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:43:32 GMT
Sorry to hit the list with an error message. I'm trying to track this down at the moment,
but does the following ring any bells with anybody? It happens when I submit a form. I
don't really think that there is anything odd about the form either. Well the form bean
refers to an object with a couple of fields in it, so the field properties are of the nested

kind x.y.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No bean specified at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getPropertyDescriptor(Property
Utils.java:816) at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:846) at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:726) at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:978) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.
java:779) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:246
) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292) at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760) at

Ideas where to look appreciated.

HM