struts-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject (sigh!) another pre-populate question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:27:15 GMT
Sorry if I keep asking variatons on the same question.

I have a JSP called "dosomething" and an associated action called "dosomething
Action".

I want to pre-load the form, but this page can be called from all over the place, so my
looks like "/dosomething.do?action=new". The action creates and pre-populates the
bean for the form.

Question: (a) is this a sensible way to proceed (as far as I can tell it is similar to the

method in the struts-example). and (b) How do I correctly call the "dosomething.jsp"
page from the "dosomethingAction"??

Problem is I am using "mapping.getInput()" and all I get is an empty page with just
headers - no errors - weird!

HM