struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: contextRelative in local forward
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:07:57 GMT
There should no longer be issues surrounding path matching in modules.
 That was my very first commit.  The scenario that that commit fixed
would be like:

/moduleA.do  <------- an action that starts with
/module  <------ a different module's name

was causing control to be shifted to the other module.  There were also
cases where similarly-named modules (/foo and /foobar) would exhibit
this same behavior.  This was caused by a bug in
RequestProcessor.selectApplication - which has been fixed, as noted.

The contextRelative attribute *should* be the ticket.  I haven't seen
any problems with it since the patch.  I don't remember exactly which
build it was that fixed that, so you may want to grab a recent nightly
(last nights, for example - I'm not aware of any problems with that one).

The thing to bear in mind is that you *must* go through an *action* to
switch modules.  Going to a JSP will not do it.  The controller *must*
be involved, because it has to put the configuration out into the
request.  I think that's what's going on here.  Let me know if you
continue to experience difficulties.

--
Eddie Bush