struts-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject Re: struts Newbie - login screen
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:21:46 GMT
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but nothing can help you. The browser will
recover the page out of its cache and you'll get whatever you saw last.

If you are writing a server-side application, I would stop and think very carefully before

using Javascript - on principal if nothing else!! Remember browser support is
unpredictable and can be turned off alltogether.

Anyway, I think it is important that a web application (or any web site for that matter)
does NOT break the functionality of the back button. That and popups are the two
things that drive me nuts! Soaking up a bit more memory is a small price to pay for
your site to act like the user thinks.

If I may:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0789723107/qid=1035231540/sr=8-
1/ref=sr_8_1/102-8089240-4382562?v=glance&n=507846

HM

On 21 Oct 2002 at 19:03, deepank wrote:

> Hi,
> This question is not exclusive to Struts but i am hopeful Stuts must be having a solution
for this.

> Once i authenticate a user and store his user information in session, i dont want that
the login screen should appear again,
> unless ofcourse the user logs out or the session expires. As of now in my application,
the user can always click the "BACK" button
> on the browser and access the login screen. MUST i use JAVASCRIPT to prevent this, or
Struts can help me here.