struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gideon, Thomas" <Thomas.Gid...@B2eMarkets.com>
Subject RE: [OT] HTML Performance question
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:30:08 GMT
I would say there's no real cause for concern with the scenario you
describe.  External JavaScript files and CSS stylesheets are typically
cached by the browser, so you shouldn't be generating any significant number
of additional requests.  Also, since these files are not included into the
HTML source in any way, you don't need to worry about your compiled JSP
bloating up.  I would be more concerned at the reverse, a lot of inline
<script/> and <style/> blocks before getting concerned about external links.

I'm curious as to why someone would suggest using too many CSS links or
JavaScript source files would cause issues??

Thomas Gideon
Sr. Software Developer
B2eMarkets

301.230.2236  Tel.