struts-user mailing list archives

From "Madel,Kurt" <kma...@csmi.com>
Subject RE: does javascript have a place in mvc & struts
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:14:03 GMT
I believe that there is not exactly a consensus. However, the Struts
Validator makes it easy to incorporate both.  Additionally, many will check
the data again in the model layer before it is persisted (i.e. inserted into
a database).

On the model layer, I use O/R mapping that helps with data integrity in the
model.

Kurt Madel
Programmer, CSMi
(703) 823-4300 ext. 170

-----Original Message-----
From: jmattucci@na.cokecce.com [mailto:jmattucci@na.cokecce.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 5:36 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: does javascript have a place in mvc & struts

Sorry this might be an elementary question, but im new to jsp and struts.
I have done a lot of reading in the last few weeks. I realize that struts
is the way to go in terms of following the mvc model. My one question at
this time is in regards to form validation. By that i mean when a user
enters information; lets say username & password should the information be
validated with the aid of javascript on the client side or is the concesus
to leave such a task to beans on the server side???
Thank u all for your time

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
Thank you