struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject RE: FW: {Validator] Required Fields
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:10:23 GMT
I'm replying to the mailing list in case someone else comes across this....

In the provided validator-rules.xml file, all of the validator definitions
have a 'depends=required' attribute.  This was the cause of my problem, as
in my application-rules.xml, I was only specifying 'depends=mask' - the
'mask' definition had the 'required' attribute.  I copied the 'mask'
definition from validator-rules.xml, pasted it into my
application-rules.xml, and removed the depend= parameter.  Tested it this
morning and everything is back to normal.

One thing I don't understand is, why would all of the definitions in
validator-rules.xml have the 'depend=required' attribute?  I would think the
application designer would want to be able to specify which fields are
required, etc. and not have validator make the choice for him/her....

Jerry