struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject [OT - MethodUtils] How to invoke method from DynaActionForm
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:58:06 GMT
I know that BeanUtils.populate will populate a JavaBean with values from a
HashMap provided the property name match.  Does anyone know of method that
will go the other direction (i.e. JavaBean to HashMap)?  I have a need to
grab all of the properties from a DynaActionBean and populate a HashMap.  I
can get a Map of all of the properties from the DynaActionForm, generate
'get' method names, and I think I can use MethodUtils.invokeMethod to call
the getter.  The problem is, with DynaActionForms, there really isn't a
'getter' - what I get is a 'NoSuchMethodException'.  Does anyone know how I
can get around this?

TIA,

Jerry Jalenak
Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496
jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.