struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Smith" <KevinA.Sm...@sas.com>
Subject RE: [OT] which object-relational mapping framework?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:28:44 GMT
I used Castor on a previous project, about 4 months ago. Overall it is a very solid tool with
an active user and developer community. HOWEVER, I ran into a few quirks retrieving dependent
objects (think parent-child relationship) and its OQL support is not complete which can be
a pain.

Lately, I've been playing around with Hibernate and have found that to be pretty darn cool,
too.

--Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Kriger [mailto:akriger@greaterthanone.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 2:29 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [OT] which object-relational mapping framework?

I'm embarking on a project for which I'd like to use an ORM to abstract the
dB access. Since there are so many out there (e.g. I'm considering Castor,
Torque, and OJB just from mentions in various Java articles), I'm wondering
which frameworks people have had experience with and your opinions on them.

thx