struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sanka...@sas.com>
Subject RE: <nested:iterate> & building columns
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:05:48 GMT
The value of the property attribute must be (in v1.1) something that implements the Map or
List interface.  I see that your getInformationSessionsIterator() method returns an Iterator.

Also, the method corresponding to a property of 'informationsessionsiterator' *must* be 'getInformationsessionsiterator()'
(note the case) unless you have re-configured your JavaBeans introspection.

Sri

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Sherman [mailto:adam@teachandtravel.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 3:14 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: <nested:iterate> & building columns

Still doesn't work as I think it should.

The following JSP:

<nested:root name="currentSchedule">
	<nested:iterate property="holding">
		<nested:write property="date"/>
			<nested:iterate property="informationsessionsiterator">
				<nested:write property="location.city"/><br>
			</nested:iterate>
	</nested:iterate>
</nested:root>

I checked the Object to verify:

InformationSessionManager manager = new InformationSessionManager();

ContainerBean container = new ContainerBean(manager.getCurrent());

request.setAttribute("currentSchedule", container);

List currentSchedule = container.getHolding(); InformationSessionDate dDate =
(InformationSessionDate)currentSchedule.get(0);
Iterator dSessions = dDate.getInformationSessionsIterator();
InformationSession dSession = (InformationSession)dSessions.next();
Location dLocation = dSession.getLocation();

System.err.println("DEBUG: " + dLocation.getCity());

This happily prints "Ottawa" to stderr. (-:

I get:

  [ServletException in:/WEB-INF/pages/views/schedule.jsp] No getter
method for property holding[0].informationsessionsiterator of bean
currentSchedule

What's going on? I don't understand this enough to fix the problem.

Thanks for all your help,

A.

--
Adam Sherman