struts-user mailing list archives

From "James Higginbotham" <jhigginbot...@betweenmarkets.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Guidelines for working weekends
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 23:33:19 GMT
> Very, very odd.  Netbeans somehow didn't save the changes I
> had made -
> but thought it did.  Upon restarting the IDE my error (it's
> error!) was
> obvious ...  Man, how I wish Emacs would pull up completions

If you configure JDEE, it will do this with CTRL-C CTRL-V CTRL-. Let me
know if you don't use it or have had trouble configuring it to work.
I've been using for years on 20.7 and now 21.2+ with the latest Beta and
love it. I also have it invoking ant with a query before it launches so
I can specify the ant target, and a function key mapping to build, then
go to next/prev error, plus import class under cursor and go to source
under cursor. Most features in the modern day, memory hog IDEs. Oh, my
kingdom for a Borland native IDE again. Maybe I'll try IDEA soon. The
only thing I miss with Emacs/JDEE is a refactoring feature, which a
package called Xrefactory would solve if you manage 2 project files. Oh,
the humanity!

> ...  That's
> one of the few reasons I use Netbeans - it saves keystrokes.
That's one of the reasons I use Emacs - no VM and Swing overhead - it
saves memory and I can do cool macro recordings ;)

James