struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Roast" <kevin.ro...@activiti.com>
Subject RE: Form bean is null in pagecontext? - OK let's try this again...
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:53:10 GMT
OK, ignore my witterings :-) Since the object is in request scope it
must be accessed thus:

BaseForm form = (BaseForm)pageContext.getAttribute(Constants.BEAN_KEY,
pageContext.REQUEST_SCOPE);

This works fine.

My confusion stemmed from the fact that getAttribute() returns null when
an item doesn't exist as opposed to throwing an error.

Kev

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Kevin Roast
	Sent: 07 October 2002 12:16
	To: Struts Users Mailing List
	Subject: RE: Form bean is null in pagecontext? - OK let's try
this again...

	Hi,

	OK, it appears that I'm using the wrong key here - i.e. I should
be using BEAN_KEY to get the Form bean not the form tag (doh).

	HOWEVER - this doesn't explain why the ALL of the attributes on
the request scope are "null" e.g. I've printed them out to the console:

	org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FORM=null
	dataForm=null
	org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN=null

	I've looked at the Struts code that sets the attributes in
FormTag.doStartTag() and it looks ok:

	        // Store this tag itself as a page attribute
	        pageContext.setAttribute(Constants.FORM_KEY, this,
PageContext.REQUEST_SCOPE);

	Any ideas what's going on here?

	Cheers,

	Kev