struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Roast" <kevin.ro...@activiti.com>
Subject Form bean is null in pagecontext?
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 09:28:02 GMT
Hi,

Does anyone know, at what point does the form bean get added to the
pageContext as an attribute? (with the key
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.Constants.FORM_KEY)

The reason I ask, is that I have a custom tag that needs to access the
form bean class directly (I have created a base form bean class with
methods I require), and I'm trying to do something like this in the tag
code:

BaseForm form = (BaseForm)pageContext.getAttribute(Constants.FORM_KEY);

Where "BaseForm" is my form bean base class type.

However this returns null. Any ideas? The form is specified as "request"
scope in the config file.

Thanks,

Kev
--