struts-user mailing list archives

From "Adolfo Miguelez" <pell...@hotmail.com>
Subject initialization parameters
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 08:47:44 GMT
Hi All,

I need to configure a set of params related to the DB procedures to be
invoked in struts app startup.

AFAIK, in Struts 1.1, the right way could be to create a plugin and pass the
params as plugin parameters.

However we are using Struts 1.0.2. For this version, I figure out 2 ways:

- a init-Param for the ActionServlet could take the comma-separated set of
params, e.g.:

<init-parameter>
        <name>startup</name>
	<value>PARAM1, PARAM2, PARAM3...</value>
</init-parameter>

- add a new tag to the struts-config file, which could be quite tricky.

Can any of you a simpler and/or cuter solution?

TIA,

Adolfo