struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Swing.... [WAS: RE: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Console v3.0]
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:14:39 GMT
I use eclipse for many reasons, one of which is it's GUI and relative light
weight (50-60 MB).  The eclipse group wrote SWT because Swing stinks,
everyone except Sun recognizes that (that should stir some people up ;-).
SWT passes graphics calls straight to the OS so it's fast and you get native
widgets, none of this fake stuff.

The swing implementation on the Mac is the only one that passes straight
through to the OS like SWT.

David