struts-user mailing list archives

From "Adolfo Miguelez" <pell...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to use datasource and db connection pooling in struts?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:58:46 GMT

Taking advantage of this thread. Has any of you had the experience of using
a connection provided by the Websphere pool to handle connected components,
i.e. Struct or ARRAY in Oracle.

We are getting a ClassCastException since driver attempts to cast the
connection to an OracleConnection, and WAS pool provided connection does not
implement OracleConnection since is a connection provided by IBM classes.
Any workaround? We are stuck with this issue.

If you ask to IBM support they probably response you to use DB2 so not
really helpful. Any experience?

TIA,

Adolfo.