struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Barefoot" <Joe.Baref...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: [OT][FRIDAY] brain types
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:51:48 GMT
hurumph.  This shit's been around for years.  I remember taking personality tests like these
when I was a child.  Once again, the realm of social science has triumphed in making the patently
obvious seem complex and derived.  Different people's brains work differently at a fundamental
level?  Boy howdy, I never would have figured that one out without a research insitutition
to tell me!

"
BTI intends only for the positive application of this information and desires readers to grasp
its essence-that each person possesses an inborn design, one of 16 individual Brain Types,
which predisposes him or her to specific mental and physical traits.
"

1 of 16?!  Gee whiz, glad that some group of Ph.D's were able to funnel all of humanity into
16 distinct subgroups.  Ah screw it, let's bring back phrenology and eugenics while we're
at it, and see how many people we can shove into little categories.

Seriously:  This type of categorization serves no purpose whatsoever except to erect divisions
amongst humanity.  Do not be fooled.  Also, if you want to understand yourself better, take
a trip to the mountains and contemplate your life with respect to the cosmos--identifying
with some group or category tells you ZERO about who you really are as a unique individual.

fed up with BS,
Joe Barefoot