struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Barefoot" <Joe.Baref...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: Does Anyone Know What This Error Message Means?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:16:55 GMT
Hi Celeste,

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but have you considered using another (free)
container besides JRun 3.1?  We have been running tests of our application on the latest-greatest
integrated JBoss3/Tomcat4 distribution, and it works very well.  JBoss supports all the usual
J2EE services, and the new Tomcat container is leaps and bounds faster than its predecessors.
 If you already build and deploy with Ant, then testing out a new container should be pretty
easy.  Also, I guarantee you the mailing list support for open-source is better than what
you've been experiencing with JRun. :)

b.t.w., I'm not knocking JRun, I hear the latest version works very well, and I do like their
Jini-enabled clustering architecture (provided it works as they claim, of course).  Judging
from list traffic, 3.1 doesn't play too nice with others though.

Also, don't let this sour you on Struts--I've been working with it for almost a year now on
two completely different applications, and it's been a bastion of sanity in what would otherwise
be an impossibly snarled codebase.

peace,
Joe