struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Container Wars
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:29:16 GMT
Hehe, I know which of those two we use and it ain't JRun. ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: vellosa@btopenworld.com [mailto:vellosa@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 22:25
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org; struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: [OT] Container Wars

At one of the companies I worked for in the past we used JRun 3 for
development, then tried to run our applications on WebLogic for deployment.
One of them things to prove that the application truely is J2EE and
portable. It worked ok on JRun, but then the number of things that needed to
be changed to get it to work on WebLogic were unreal! So much for portable
code. I admit WebLogic has lots of WebLogicified J2EE features too, but
nowhere near as many as JRun had. JRun definately was a Servlet engine
trying to be all things to J2EE, and failing! Version 4 might be better, but
bad experiances have scared me off for good!

It is one of them things were money does the talking. JRun have paid to
lisence the J2EE technology and can plaseter the logo all over their
product, while JBoss dosen't and can't. I know which one I think is nearer
the spec.

But then this is just me ranting and raving like the mad man I am!