struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Order or multivalued paramter
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:05:24 GMT
I believe so (at least Im relying on it in my apps!) at least under IE5 and
NS6/Mozilla it seems to.
(I havent seen a spec document stating it, but I havent looked either!).

<btw>
Interestingly if you use client side DOM manipulation to reorder those
fields on the page, in IE they will submit in the new order, but in NS they
will still submit in the old order. :-(
</btw>

-----Original Message-----
From: Gemes Tibor [mailto:gemes@regens.hu]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 19:53
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Order or multivalued paramter

If a form has multiple input field with the same name, will the order be
preserved?

Eg my form is like this:

<input type="hidden" name="testParm" value="one">
<input type="hidden" name="testParm" value="two">
<input type="hidden" name="testParm" value="three">
<input type="hidden" name="testParm" value="four">
<input type="hidden" name="testParm" value="five">

Will myForm.getTestParm() return the {"one", "two", "three", "four", "five"}
array for all the case?

Can I depend on it?

Tib