struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject RE: Can V in MVC be Swing in Struts?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:06:18 GMT

What you're describing - a swing application communicating via http to a
server-based application - is really better resolved by using a Web Service
(or potentially XML-RPC if your requriements for delivery are loose
enough). I'd recommend you take a look at Apache Axis.
http://xml.apache.org/axis.

I've actually put a decent bit of though to putting Axis in front of Struts
to allow people to build web service applications using Action Classes,
form beans, etc. I believe there's a way it could be done -

Best of luck,

Kevin

Xue-Feng Yang <just4look@yahoo.com> on 10/17/2002 12:08:36 AM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

       andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com
cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    RE: Can V in MVC be Swing in Struts?

The response could be a String, an XML, a HTML or a
HexString.

I am wondering if I can make a JSP without HTML tags.
If this is the case, then the thing can be done. So
far, I use servlet to do this. It would be nice if I
can built on Struts.

--- Andrew Hill <andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com>