struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Re: <html:file> tag
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:27:53 GMT

There is an example application included in the Struts distribution showing
how to upload files - or at least there was. It's probably still there,
though I haven't looked recently.

Best of luck -

Kevin

<shamelessplug>
      It's also covered in my book :-) with a sample application provided.
      (you did ask where it's documented...)
</shamelessplug>

----------------
Kevin Bedell
author, "Struts Kickstart" - SAMS Publishing

"Matt Sales" <sales@sealsco.com> on 10/03/2002 11:09:36 AM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    <html:file> tag

Hello,
I'm having trouble with the <html:file> tag...

Here's a snippet of my jsp:

enctype="multipart/form-data">

I've also tried the <html:file> tag using the accepts attribute,
accepts="java.io.File", and
accepts="java.io.String",
with, of course, the corresponding property in the actionForm set to the
correct type.

Every time the form is submitted, I get a Servlet Exception:
BeanUtils.populate and ArgumentTypeMismatchException.
Am I missing something here?  Should the type of the upload actionForm
property be File? String?  something else?

If anyone knows of any documentation out there about this, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Matt

For additional commands, e-mail: <