struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Re: Persistence Framework Comparison?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 23:10:24 GMT

> Cool desgin!
>
> One comment is that ... it might be a bit harder to make it OO/reusable
> implementation. ("my" version has CRUD that uses reflection )
> With a "single" interface there could be more reuse.
>
> Curios, how do you do reuse?
>
> .V

Reuse? Hmm... I guess you don't reuse much at that level. You'd more likely
reuse things that were 'buried' in the implementation classes.

I don't think our approaches are really that much different - look at it
this way:

1. Define an interface for a project-specific Model component using
business methods (e.g., 'updatePhoneNumber').

2. Create a class that implements the interface and contains code that
actually updates the phone number using some 'persistence management' code.
This is where "your" code would be used.

I'm just proposing defining an interface that specifies how the Action
class (Controller) communicates with the persistence layer (Model). The
class that implements the interface may just provide a 'wrapper' to
reuseable classes that manage actually persisting the data.

But on the other hand, it saves time in maintenance of the stuff you've
already built -