struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Re: Struts1.1 B2 BUG OR Weblogic 6.1 SP2 BUG??????????
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:26:23 GMT

I'm assuming that 51300 is the port this instance of WLS is running on. Are
you running a cluster?

If this is true, do you have another WLServer instance that for some reason
has gotten converted over to use this port? Did you create a second server
to install the app on while you debug the upgrade and leave it at the same
port setting as the original server?

"Nekkalapudi, Viplava" <VNekkalapudi@erac.com> on 10/15/2002 12:13:11 PM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    Struts1.1 B2 BUG OR Weblogic 6.1 SP2 BUG??????????

       We are trying to update a web application based on Struts1.0.2 to
Struts 1.1 B2. We use Weblogic 6.1 SP2 on Win 2000.
       It used to work fine with Struts 1.0.2 and with Struts 1.1 B2,
weblogic server fails to start properly using the port and shut down
initialized automatically (Complaining port is already used). It works some
times if we reboot our machines OR wait 5/10 minutes before restart the App
server. By issuing the command "netstat -a", the port doesn't show up.

  Any one has an idea what will be the problem? It happened only when
we migrate to Struts1.1 from Struts 1.0.2. Is it a bug of Struts 1.1 OR
Weblogic 6.1?

            Thanks in advance.

 [java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer>
<Unable to create a server socket for port: 51300. java.net.BindException:
Address in use: JVM_Bind Perhaps another process is usi ng port 51300.>

 [java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer>
<The WebLogic Server is no longer listening for connections. You should
probably restart it.>
 [java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Alert> <WebLogicServer> <Server
shutdown has been requested by system>
 [java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Alert> <WebLogicServer> <The
shutdown sequence has been initiated.>

-- Vip.

For additional commands, e-mail: <