struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Re: struts compatibility with portal vendors
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:50:30 GMT

I'd say the primary point would just be that the technology be J2EE-based.

"Puri, Runa" <R.Puri@niteo.com> on 10/16/2002 02:36:43 PM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    struts compatibility with portal vendors

We are planning to use Struts as the development framework for building a
portal site. The question is...
If we are using Struts as the development framework, are there any criteria
we need to consider while selecting the portal vendor?? The vendor is still
not decided - could be Epicentric, ATG, WebSphere, Oracle, PeopleSoft....
Are there any questions I need to ask the vendors to be able to decide on a
product which will be compatible with Struts? Or is the compatability a
non-issue?