struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject RE: [OT] Container Wars
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:49:43 GMT

theserverside.com hosted a pretty lively thread on exactly this debate late
last May. It started when Mike Cannon-Brookes posted an article "Is Tomcat
Crap?" that featured performance benchmarks like:

"First, here's some raw performance statistics to consider:
      Orion 1.5.3: 0.045s (45 milliseconds) - 444 pages/sec - 1.6 million/hour
      Resin 2.0.4: 0.065s (65 milliseconds) - 307 pages/sec - 1.1 million/hour
      Weblogic 6.1: 1.15s (1,150 milliseconds) - 17.4 pages/sec - 62,640/hour
      Tomcat 4.0.1: 3.3s (3,300 milliseconds) - 6 pages/sec - 21,600/hour"

 - statistics quoted from "Is Tomcat Crap?",
    http://radio.weblogs.com/0107789/stories/2002/05/28/isTomcatCrap.html

Following this one of the liveliest discussions on this topic I that I remember happened.
Here's the link to the discussion:

     http://www2.theserverside.com/home/thread.jsp?thread_id=13749

Kevin