struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Re: Struts 1.1 Release
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:53:19 GMT

> IMO, That could not possibly be a source of failure. I and others had
> 1.02 projects just fine! Statistically 80% of projects fail due to
> requirements, so that would be my first guess. (More numbers? most
> projects fail period, and that 99% of code in production is written by
> 1% of programmers)

Point not argued - though the pages were extremely dynamic. Each page had a
variable number of fields (potentially 20 or more). Each field had a
variable number of options (again up to 20 each) - and depending on the
data, the options may have required a text entry field, radio buttons or
checkboxes (more than one option chosen). All with tight validations driven
by the user's personal information. The validations varied by the data
values as well (validations were different depending on option types).

I believe some features from 1.1 would have made things easier for them -
though it is hard to say.

And regarding:  "99% of code in production is written by 1% of programmers"
- I'm 99% sure that this is at least a 1% exaggeration. :-}

Kevin