struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeff_Mycha...@nlgroup.ca
Subject Re: [OT] HTML Performance question
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:39:49 GMT

Thanks guy's.

      Thats what I thought.  I will continue that way I planned.

Jeff_Mychasiw@nlgroup.ca on 10/25/2002 03:16:36 PM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:

Subject:    [OT] HTML Performance question

Sorry for the lame html question, but I would like tap into the vast
experience in this list.

Is there a performance consideration when linking to external files (css or
javascript )that may not always needed for each page.

I was told to watch out for this.

The reason I ask is that I am setting up mainpage layout for use with tiles
and I would like just include
all the possible files even if the page will not not need it.
In addition, there will be nor more than 5 at the most

<LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<html:rewrite page
='/css/pageStyle.css'/>">
<SCRIPT src='<html:rewrite page='/js/general.js'/>'></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT src='<html:rewrite page='/js/calendar/calendar.js'/>'></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT src='<html:rewrite page='/js/date.js'/>'></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT src='<html:rewrite page='/js/validations.js'/>'></SCRIPT>

Do I need to be concerned?

For additional commands, e-mail: <