struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerome Jacobsen" <jerome.jacob...@gentootech.com>
Subject Robustly handle double-submit?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:54:10 GMT
Hi,

I've seen the Struts 1.1b2 example's use of the Token for transaction
control technique. This is in EditRegistrationAction and
SaveRegistrationAction.

However, I'd like to know if there is a more robost solution to this
problem. I'd like the ability to ignore the second posting and still return
the results from the first. That is, act as if the second posting never
occurred. Is there a way to do this?  Can you give me an example?

The problem with the Struts example's approach is that the user doesn't
really know what to do next after the error is displayed. They don't get
their display results from the first posting.

Jerome