struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: Managing User defined Web Content design advice?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:01:45 GMT
At 1:49 PM -0400 2002/10/23, Greg Hess wrote:
>I have used the java.beans.XMLEncoder and java.beans.XMLDecoder and it has
>worked great for both transitions as long as all the bean properties and sub
>properties implement Serializable. I will look into Betwixt to see if there
>are some advantages.

Probably mostly just that it doesn't require JDK 1.4... that and you
can deal with any arbitrary XML format.  But if you really don't care
about the format and especially if you can use 1.4 and have used
XMLEncoder/XMLDecoder...  I bet you should just stick with those...

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956