struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: Struts taglibs without Struts
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:11:35 GMT
At 12:02 PM -0400 2002/10/16, James Mitchell wrote:
>What happened when you tried it?   You did try it....right?

I've "ported" the struts taglibs to another project; you have to go
through and weed out some pervasive references to Struts classes, but
it's doable.  It's particuarly easy with the logic tags, although if
you can use JSP 1.2, you should just use the JSTL for that.  If
you're stuck with JSP 1.1, you could probably pull out all the Struts
specific bits of the bean, html, and logic tag libraries in half a
day or so.

Check the license to make sure you can use the resulting code, but
the Apache license is pretty liberal...

Joe

>James Mitchell
>Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
>http://www.open-tools.org

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956