struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vinny & Kristin Carpenter" <carpe...@execpc.com>
Subject Struts 1.0.2 and WebLogic 6.1 SP3/4
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 05:04:36 GMT
Hi everyone.  I have a bizarre problem with a Struts application and I was
wondering if someone has faced something like this.  I have an application
that is deployed as a ear file - The ear file contains several stateful and
stateless EJB's (2.0) and several war files.  The application is driven
using the main web application that is written using Struts 1.0.2.  When the
user logs in, we create a new stateful EJB for him/her and then store the
handle (javax.ejb.Handle) in the session (HttpSession).

So the user hits the login page, creates the EJB and the handle to the EJB
is saved in the session.  On the second hit, WebLogic recognizes the user
based on the session cookie.  So we try to get the remote interface to the
EJB from the handle and the handle is not in the session.  The only thing in
the session is the Loginform.  We have other applications that follow the
same paradigm of HttpSession and EJBHandle and they work fine, except for
this one written in Struts.  In development mode, the application is
deployed on a single standalone server and everything works just fine.  In
production, I have a cluster of 3 WebLogic managed servers with one admin
server.  In production, the servers are clustered and sit behind a set of
web servers that run the WebLogic Apache plug-in.  The war file has a
weblogic.xml file that defines the WebLogic specific items and I am using
in-memory replication with the PersistantStoreType of replicated to
replicate the session across other members of the cluster for failover
purposes.

Has anyone seen behavior like this?  I've tried SP3 and SP4 on the WebLogic
side to no avail.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

--Vinny