struts-user mailing list archives

From "Arnaud HERITIER" <aherit...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: ActionErrors - <html:errors/>
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:07:54 GMT
You can use the property attribute of <html:errors/>

In your Action or in your FormBean you save your errors under an appropriate
key :

In an action :

errors.add(Constants.FATAL_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));
or
errors.add(Constants.ERROR_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));
or
errors.add(Constants.WARN_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));
or
errors.add(Constants.INFO_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));

saveErrors(request,errors);

In a FormBean validation method :

errors.add(Constants.FATAL_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));
or
errors.add(Constants.ERROR_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));
or
errors.add(Constants.WARN_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));
or
errors.add(Constants.INFO_LEVEL, new ActionError("...."));

return errors;

And in your JSP you retreives errors with :

My Fatal errors :
My Infos :

For your problem with the pop-up window I saw in the mailing list several
month ago someone who done it.
Try to search in the archives.

Arnaud