struts-user mailing list archives

From "Aladar The Dinosaur" <ala...@telocity.com>
Subject Struts & log4j
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 05:38:50 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to setup log4j with struts application, and found that struts &
commons were already using it. Basically, the logging works, but I don't
want my application specific logs mingled with struts and some of the other
utilities I'm using. My log4j init file initializes rootLogger and
application specific loggers, and I would like to separate those. How do I
do this?

If log4j is being initialized by struts (or commons) for that matter, will I
still be able to use my own log4j.properties file without the rootLogger
entry in it?  Or, can I used the property file being used by struts and
commons and tag my entries in it?

Can someone offer help?
Thank you.

Scott