struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert J. Lebowitz" <lebow...@finaltouch.com>
Subject Best method for reloading under Struts 1.1
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:03:57 GMT
I've just started working with Struts, and in order to remain current, I
decided to just start with version 1.1, since it has a number of features
that I was interested in anyhow.

I've found a series of notes in the archive dealing with issue of how one
should reload a webapp after making changes to the xml configuration files.

I'm running Tomcat 4.1, and unless I'm mistaken, the reloadable="true"
attribute of Context doesn't necessarily imply that the xml configuration
files associated with a webapp will be reloaded, just the jsp files, etc.

The approach that I'm currently using is to rebuilt and redeploy my webapp's
war file so that the Tomcat container will detect its presence, unpack it
and reload the webapp.

This seems like overkill, but it's preferable to stopping and restarting the
tomcat process.  Any other better recommendations on how to do this in
Struts 1.1??