struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ronald Mathies" <rmath...@vda.nl>
Subject Re: Struts administrative funcs
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:38:12 GMT
> Btw, how do you develop with struts? I mean, I really really hate to waste
> time by watching Tomcat reload application or sometimes Tomcat itself. Are
> there any tips & tricks to not wasting time? (I'm using IBM Wsad)

I user JDeveloper 9.0.3, it has build in Struts support for the Action
ActionForm struts-config.xml and JSP/Servlets. The application server is a
Oracle 9iAS server standalone (Download, unzip and use version). And that is
olso supported by JDeveloper so i can deploy from withing JDeveloper by a
mouse click (takes up to 35 seconds for 2 EJB's 10 to 12 Actions/Action
forms and over 20 JSP pages). The backend is a Oracle 9i Database. And
everything runs on Linux (one computer).

So my tips are (global) :

1. Use an IDE that supports the used web-container / Application Server.
2. Use an IDE that has build in support for Struts.
3. Use a FAST computer with a lot of memory.

4. Take a look at ANT this could help with the build/deploy part. It can
save a lot of time in the repeated manual  actions.

I haven't used IBM Wsad so i don't know about that.

Ronald.