struts-user mailing list archives

From "Suresh Addagalla" <suresh.addaga...@wipro.com>
Subject Validator (newbie)
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:02:18 GMT
Hi,

I have a couple of basic questions.

1. If we use ActionForm, the ActionServlet first executes the validate()
method before calling execute() on the corresponding Action. If I switch
from ActionForms to Struts Validator (that is, use ValidatorForm instead
of ActionForm), do things work the same way? Is it that in this case
also, ActionServlet calls the validate() just before calling the
execute()?

2. What is the standard way to pass data from Action objects to the JSP
(view)? Should the data be sent as a) Session properties, b) Some bean
objects, or c) Data members of the Action object?

Thanks,
Suresh