struts-user mailing list archives

From "Eric C. Hein" <gro...@mindspring.com>
Subject javascript and STRUTS
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:29:15 GMT
Background:
In my form I have a field "city" that the user selects from a drop down list.  The city dropdown
is initially setup to have one option that cues the user to select a county first (-1, select
county first).  After the user selects a county the options list for city is then set to a
javascript array of cities that are in the selected county.

Problem:
After registering the user can edit his/her profile.  I'm having no trouble getting the county
from the db to the <html:select> tag, but the city tag is not working.  When I call
the javascript function that loads the cities I do get the correct cities (those corresponding
to the county that came from the db).  I cannot however, set the correct value of the city
field because the bean property "city" has already been overwritten by "-1".

Is there anyway to capture the value of the bean before it is overwritten?

Thanks
- Eric