struts-user mailing list archives

From "Billy Ng" <kwo...@earthlink.net>
Subject Forward to a servlet
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 06:44:54 GMT
Hi folks,

In my Struts app, I am using the Action to call the jsp file.  In the struts-config.xml, the
action tag looks like this,

  <action path="/accounts"
   type="com.mydomain.AccountsAction"
   name="accountsForm"
   validate="false"
   input="/WEB-INF/jsp/AccountsHTML.jsp">
   <forward name="accounts" path="/WEB-INF/jsp/AccountsHTML.jsp"/>
  </action>

Because of some deployment issue, I need to pre-compile the jsp files.  I successfully use
the ANT's jspc tag to compile the all the jsp files to java files, then compile them to java
files.  However, I cannot make it use the servlet in the forward tag.  I tried to do this
(AccountsHTML_jsp is class file of the compiled version of AccountsHTML.jsp), but I get 404
page.

  <action path="/accounts"
   type="com.mydomain.AccountsAction"
   name="accountsForm"
   validate="false"
   input="/WEB-INF/jsp/AccountsHTML.jsp">
   <forward name="accounts" path="/WEB-INF/ui/AccountsHTML_jsp"/>
  </action>

Would anybody knows how can I make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Billy Ng