struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Buckley" <briankbuck...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: redundant tag declarations and JSTL
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:21:10 GMT
>>You might try putting all your taglib declarations into a taglibs.jsp file
and include that file on the rest of your pages. This has the added benefit
of localizing the declarations to one place.

Making a "taglibs.jsp" file as you suggest and including it in my "main
JSPs" but not my "JSP snippets" could be a good way to reorganize my jsp
files to eliminate redundant tag declarations.

A downside to such an approach is my JSP editor (IDEA) provides assistance
when there is a tag declaration in the JSP so removing the declaration from
my snippets would make writing the snippets a little harder.

I still find it weird that this wasn't a problem until adding in the JSTL
tag library.