struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Gin" <Gin_C...@tvratings.com>
Subject RE: kiosk mode browser
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:35:22 GMT
IMHO, kiosk mode is probably the worst thing a website can do.
Its just plain intrusive.

FYI, this is a humorous take on bad site design.
http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

Now from a strut's perspective, the back buttons can usually be handled by
just turning on nocache.
ex:
    <controller locale="true" nocache="true"></controller>
-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Stoessel [mailto:vincent@xaymaca.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 11:27 AM
To: Struts Users
Subject: kiosk mode browser

I was was wondering about what people think about  implementing
a kiosk style browser on the client end of a struts app.
I was thinking mozilla because it is already ported to so many platforms
and it can be customized without paying for a development license. By
kiosk mode, I mean that the broswer would retain all the functionality
of modern browser but not have the buttons or url window that end users
sometime mistakingly use to reload, go back or otherwise shoot
themselves in the foot. Opinions?
--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer