struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian DeLuca" <bdelu...@iwon.com>
Subject RE: Obtaining the ActionServlet context from a utility class
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:51:06 GMT

How are you instantiating this factory class? Ie When?

you should be able to call getServlet().getServletContext() to pass the servlet context to
your factory.

b-

 --- On Sun 12/01, Jonathan Holloway  jph8@aber.ac.uk  wrote:From: Jonathan Holloway [mailto:
jph8@aber.ac.uk]To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org, bdeluca1@iwon.comDate: Mon, 2 Dec 2002
01:13:22 -0000Subject: RE: Obtaining the ActionServlet context from a utility classI'm embedding
the attributes themselves in the struts-config file and
passing these to a custom struts plugin that I've created.  I then
embed these attributes in the servlet context on startup of the class
(i.e. in the init method).

The thing is I have another factory class that needs access to the
servlet
context and that's the problem I have, getting hold of the action
servlet
before obtaining the servlet context to retrieve the attributes.

I sit possible just to embed the functionality of my factory class in my
plugin class and simply call the methods in the plugin class.  I didn't
think this was the right way hence the creation of a factory class and
a plugin class to do the job.

I don't want to use the utility in non Struts related classes either,
this is purely for my Struts action classes use.

Jon.