struts-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Boudrant <b...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: question about findForward()
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:31:42 GMT

 You need a redirection. In a redirection, the request (who containt the form) is not propagate.
Just put in forward declaration :
<forward name="toto" path="/path_to_toto.jsp" redirect="true"/>
If your form is stored in session scope, you need to call reset();
-emmanuel
  Kevin HaleBoyes &lt;kzboyes@yahoo.com&gt; a écrit : I'm having trouble explaining
what I want but I'll have a go
of it anyway...

I'm in a "Save" action as a result of the POSTing of a form
via a button. I do the test:

if (isCancelled(request)) {}

and detect the cancel. I'd like to go to another Action but
I don't want to "propagate" the POST. I want it to be a GET
where the input ActionForm is empty.

I'm calling
ActionForward forward = mapping.findForward(forwardName);
return forward;
to go to the new action but it propagates the POST.

Is there anyway turn the POST into a GET?
Should I just call form.reset() manually?

I hope this makes sense.
Kevin.