struts-user mailing list archives

From colin campbell <colin_a_campb...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: whart is the best web application server for developers?
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:17:19 GMT

Reza,

I would be very surprised if most members of this
forum
did not recommend Tomcat if you are doing JSP /
servlet/ struts style development. There are also
corresponding forums fot Tomcat, so they can aid you.

There are other packages which might be of interest,
but from a development point of view, you would
definitely find more assistance with Tomcat. Struts
comes bundled with it at Version 4, so it is pretty
ready to go.

I am currently using JDeveloper for my sins, as it is
strategic tool for the company who is paying for my
work. It can be downloaded from Oracle under
development tools (if you are interested). Obviously
it is biased towards Oracle and its associated
platforms (Oracle Application Server) , but you can
develop and test reasonably easily with it , as it
has its own embedded containers for testing your
development. It has a good debugger which allows you
to step through your code if you want to.

Others can tell you about their experience with tools
like JBuilder.

Enjoy, Colin C

 --- Reza Aliakbari <Reza.Aliakbari@pdpsoft.com>
wrote: > Dear friends,