struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael Echerer <m...@RZ.FH-Augsburg.DE>
Subject Use of Struts 1.0.2 template tag doesn't display jsp errors in included files
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:02:15 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.15 with Struts 1.0.2 and set up a framework to use templates with the
<template>-Tags.

I already set <template:get flush="false"> but I still don't get any exceptions dumps
if a part of jsp code is incorrect in any of the included files.

The template part causing that error is either empty or the template is not processed any
further which is quite difficult to debug.

Testing each inserted file separately also doesn't help me in every case, because some included
files require beans that had been stored into the request scope by an earlier included file
for example. So the bean cannot be found if I don't include everything in the correct order.

Is there any better solution for debugging jsp pages that are template generated?
What is the closest I can get to have a jsp page using any kind of includes to only one page
which contains all the content?
Is that <include> + no error display problem solved if I use the <tiles> tags
instead or will I have the same difficulties for jsp debugging?

I would like to separate design from content without considering for debugging so much that
I don't have "just one large page". What is a better practice for that?

Thanks a lot.
Michael