struts-user mailing list archives

From Sash Sash <swishey...@yahoo.ca>
Subject no getter method exception ?
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:36:16 GMT

I have a form bean that has getter methods that return a string and setter methods that take
a string.  That all works great.  I decided to add some setter methods (used in my action
class) that accept an int as a parameter.  As soon as I overloaded the original setter methods,
i get the following exception:

"No getter method for property rounds of bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN"

So before the change, there were two methods for this field in my form

  public void setRounds(String rounds) {...}

  public String getRounds() {...}

Then I added:

   public void setRounds(int rounds) {...}

and got the exception listed above.

Why can't I do this?  The reason I really want this is to be able to use PropertyUtils.copyProperties()
to copy from my business beans to my display beans.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!!