struts-user mailing list archives

From Harshal D <emailtohars...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Submitting to the same JSP
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:27:46 GMT

Yes I am doing:
JSP-1 -> Action-1 -> JSP-1
Action handler class:

ProductVO pv = new com.openstack.struts.testapp.ProductVO();

pv.setProductID("AH");

request.setAttribute("pv", pv);

In JSP:

<logic:present parameter="pv">

<bean:define id="pv" name ="pv" scope="request" type="com.openstack.struts.testapp.ProductVO"/>

</logic:present>

And then

<logic:present parameter="pv">

<h3><bean:write name="pv" property="productName"/></h3>

<h3><bean:write name="pv" property="productID"/></h3>

</logic:present>

The action forwards to the same page but the ProductVO  is NOT defined as a form bean.

Where am I going wrong ?

 Sri Sankaran <Sri.Sankaran@sas.com> wrote:Can you please elaborate? Are you saying
that the following works

JSP-1 -> Action-1 -> JSP-2

but

JSP-1 -> Action-1 -> JSP-1

doesn't. Make sure that you are referring to the bean with the same id under which you have
saved it (to request/session). Can you post the relevant JSP (both JSP-1 and JSP-2), the action
class (how the bean being persisted, how the user is forwarded/re-directed to next view) and
the struts-config (the action mapping).

Please post only the relevant portions.

Sri