struts-user mailing list archives

From Sash Sash <swishey...@yahoo.ca>
Subject how to get JDBC source defined in struts in another servlet
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:51:50 GMT

Hi,

I would like to create a servlet that loads specific resources (puts beans into app context
to be used by jsp's and action classes) when the webapp first launches.  For this task I require
a JDBC source that is defined in the struts config file.   How can I get this datasource in
my servlet?  If I understand correctly, the action servlet initializes the datasource on startup
and is available via findDatasource().  Any suggestions?  Can I get an Action Servlet executed
once via config file?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!!!