struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Error loading struts-config
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:07:47 GMT

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Howard Miller wrote:

> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:03:20 -0000
> From: Howard Miller <me@howardmiller.co.uk>
> Subject: RE: Error loading struts-config
>
> That's what I thought! BUT...
>
> No! The struts-config.xml file is safely in the .war file. A jar -tf produces.
>
> WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl.jar
> WEB-INF/lib/xmlParserAPIs.jar
> WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld
> WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
> WEB-INF/struts-html.tld
> WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld
> WEB-INF/struts-nested.tld
> WEB-INF/struts-template.tld
> WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld
> etc.
>
> So its not that! Its GOT to be something really stupid, but the exception handling in
> that bit of ActionServlet is a bit coarse grained, so I'm left guessing what the problem
> could be.

Why are you putting a parser in your webapp?  Every servlet container I'm
familiar with (including Tomcat) already provides one as part of the
system libraries it makes available.  Including them is very likely to
trigger conflicts between the two parsers.

The first thing I would do is remove xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar
from your webapp and try again.

> HM

Craig